Subject: Re: La Zona del Silencio
Date: Jul 26, 2003 @ 22:36
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice going lowell
another hot spot to be sure
& that makes duo trifinia mexicana for you already
nor can i restrain myself from aiding & abetting your excellent try

from this amusing testimonial of its former superintendent
http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/akaus/akzone.html
i have learned your mx2chcodu is already famous as
el vertice de trino
or roughly translated
the warbling or triller tripoint
& practically as weird a name for the center of the silent zone
as eureka is for the capital of the lost coast

vertice btw is evidently an exclusively or mainly mesoamerican
term not so much for a tripoint per se as for any geodetic turn
point or terminal point
or as we might say vertex

but this vertice de trino is the only named tristate point i have
been able to find anywhere in mexico

however
each of the 8 turnpoints of gtmx is also named el vertice de
something or other
& since you are a gtmx fan & i am so pleased to believe i have
finally figured them all out
i will tell you they are easily spotted on a decent guatemala map
& their names are
proceeding from pacific toward atlantic
muxbal
niquilhuil
santiago
chixoy
usumacinta
ceibo
campeche &
last but most famous el vertice de aguas turbias
which was formerly thought to equal bzgtmx
but has recently been found to be a point on gtmx only
& is in fact a little shy of the new improved best available bzgtmx

but more to our present point & vertice
it is possibly only the confusion of vertex with vortex at chcodu
that has caused all this extravagance of miscomprehension
about it
such as is met with in these also entertaining accounts
http://www.planeta.com/planeta/97/1197zone.html &
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5484/4-zona.htm

& wow like has anyone ever definitively found any supposed
vortex points like this anywhere
or the so called power vortices
like say those supposedly reversible sedona anodes
etc etc
tho i admit it all smacks of our own recent visit to boclpe by ovni
so i just dont know

but anyway your inegi maps show chcodu very approachable by
at least a burro track
& tho we have been led by the above links to expect the trifinium
to fall upon el cerro de san ignacio in la sierra del diablo
inegi doesnt show chcodu as any more of a peak tripoint than it
does memopu at popocatepetl
& our next best mexican maps that also failed us at memopu
dont even show the freakin mountain range this san ignacio
peak is supposedly in
hahaha
so here we are holding steady in class e
with still no clue about any mexican tristate monument anywhere
but at least now we know the name of what we are looking for

& class e is often the most fun to be in anyway

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> At http://abuelito-jeep.0catch.com/frmzona_silencioE.html you
will find a very
> enjoyable account (in English with photos) of a visit to the
vicinity of the
> trifinium between the Mexican states of Chihuahua, Coahuila,
and Durango. There
> is no mention of any monumentation.
>
> This is written by Mr. Stoshi Niwa who retired as an executive at
the Nissan
> plant at Aguascalientes and just never went home to Japan.
The same site has a