Subject: Sv: Sv: [BoundaryPoint] continental extremities we have seen
Date: Dec 09, 2000 @ 10:27
Author: Peter & Marianne Hering ("Peter & Marianne Hering" <hering@...>)

No, frankly, David I didn't - or couldn't (?)
Anyway, I enjoyed the view over to Africa!!
Shall scan a picture soon !!
Btw: I was wrong about the southernmost
African point: did NOT go to Cape Agulhas,
only to Cape of Good Hope...sorry!
Do a get the credit for the southernmost
Australian point? I went to Tidal River,
Wilson Promont. in Vic,...!?
Frankly, amigos de las fronteras, it's a pity
that you don't credit me the "North Cape" as
the northernmost point in Europe, have been
there 8-9 times - the view over the sea is
magnificent and - if you add the Midnight Sun -
unforgettable! But I guess I have to accept the
geographical facts - even if it sounds a bit
unfair, because:
The island of "Magerøya" with theNorth Cape
is now connected to mainland Norway by a tunnel,
and "Kinnarodden" NW of Mehamn, Norway is
in fact on a peninsula ("Nordkyn"-Halvøya), but
only connected to the mainland by a very narrow
strip of land...
Pete