Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Center of Europe
Date: Dec 08, 2000 @ 22:30
Author: Arif Samad (Arif Samad <fHoiberg@...>)

As far as I know, the midpoint of the rectangle drawn
with the four extreme meridians is generally
considered the center of a certain place. It should
be what Mike did. I wouldn't be surprised if it is
near Minsk. Perspective can often cloud facts. So,
even if it seems like the center is more to the west
than that, it probably isn't.
There generally is no weighted system to calculate
midpoints on landmasses. Sometimes population is
weighted to create a population center, though.

--- Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen <jesniel@...>